Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to use Asset Selector in dialog | AEM 6.4?

Level 2

As describe on Adobe's page at Here AEM provides an OOTB asset selector which includes image previews which is not present in  standard pathbrowser.

In the page above it also says that you can use the picker from a granite dialog:

http://localhost:4502/aem/assetpicker.html?dialog=true — Use these parameters to open the asset selector as Granite Dialog. This option is only applicable when you launch the asset selector through Granite Path Field, and configure it as pickerSrc URL.

I tried the following code in the dialog XML:

<pathfield

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield"

name="./fileReference"

pickerSrc="/aem/assetpicker.html?dialog=true"

rootPath="/content/dam/"/>

The pathfield above does not seem to use the alternative picker specified with pickerSrcand not working at all.

Also tried adding the extra URL parameters as specified in the PathfieldDoc .

<pathfield

jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"

sling:resourceType="granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield"

name="./fileReference"

pickerSrc="/mnt/overlay/granite/ui/content/coral/foundation/form/pathfield/picker.html?_charset_=utf-8&root=/content/dam"

rootPath="/content/dam/"/>

But that made no change and work like normal (No image preview).

Any pointers as to what is wrong in the above dialogs definition?

6 Replies

Level 10

I was able to verify this does not work as documented. I recommend opening a support ticket so this can be fixed.

Community Advisor

HI Scott,

Could you please help with the update on this. Was there any open ticket raised for this already and if we get to have reply from the team.

Community Advisor

Hi Ankit,

Did you get a chance to get any progress on this query. If yes, request you to share an update.

Thanks in advance.