Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to upgrade our maven project to the latest archetype? (should we even do it?)

Level 8

some info:

- we're already on 6.5 and necessary plug-ins/libraries have been updated to the relevant versions

I recently created a new maven project and noticed that there are new folders/changes to the base/empty AEM project. Is is advisable to migrate to this "new" project structure?

I'm looking the folders now and the biggest concern I have is the dispatcher folder. I'm assuming this controls are HTTPD settings. What happens if don't configure this? would it overwrite our customizations for the HTTPD?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

Maven archetype is only required whenever you are creating the project from scratch. If you are already migrated to the AEM version 6.5, you need to upgrade the uber-jar, maven dependencies, Jdk-11 ,OSGI and 6.5 service package etc.(Which you already did).

Now to answer your question, Like you also created new maven project structure and want to adapt to it then you need to copy paste the code from old structure to new structure, but this is not recommended, since it is cumbersome and required efforts.

While creating latest maven archetype project structure you can also omit dispatcher configuration by setting propertyincludeDispatcherConfig to n (default is y) - "Includes a dispatcher configuration either for cloud or for AMS/on-premise, depending of the value of aemVersion (can be y or n)."

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/archetyp...

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Santosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @jayv25585659 

Maven archetype is only required whenever you are creating the project from scratch. If you are already migrated to the AEM version 6.5, you need to upgrade the uber-jar, maven dependencies, Jdk-11 ,OSGI and 6.5 service package etc.(Which you already did).

Now to answer your question, Like you also created new maven project structure and want to adapt to it then you need to copy paste the code from old structure to new structure, but this is not recommended, since it is cumbersome and required efforts.

While creating latest maven archetype project structure you can also omit dispatcher configuration by setting propertyincludeDispatcherConfig to n (default is y) - "Includes a dispatcher configuration either for cloud or for AMS/on-premise, depending of the value of aemVersion (can be y or n)."

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-core-components/using/developing/archetyp...

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Santosh