Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to update the workflow list in sidekick as per the template?

Level 4

Hi All,

i have five different template, i want to make the workflow list as dynamic which is display on the sidekick as per the template used.

could you please show the right direction to start.

Thanks

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

OOB, workflow models is listed based on the logged in Users ACLs. All the workflows for which the current logged in user has atleast the read access will be displayed. So you can also see if your usecase can be managed using this.

If not, as discussed you need to write a custom service to send the list of workflows as per your logic to the sidekick

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Level 10

I dont think so that AEM provides any OOTB functionality where you can get workflow list based on template in sidekick.

As a solution you can override /libs/cq/ui/widgets/source/widgets/wcm/Sidekick.js  file  and customized the list according to the templates you have.

Level 4

Thanks for your reply. i have gone through sidekick.js. its display the workflow list using the below service 

/libs/cq/workflow/content/console/workflows.json?tags=wcm

I think i have to create the custom service and restrict the workflows as per the template.

Is that you are suggest?   

Level 10

Yes right, Create your own service and customize the JS to use your custom service  that would work for you.

Correct answer by
Level 10

OOB, workflow models is listed based on the logged in Users ACLs. All the workflows for which the current logged in user has atleast the read access will be displayed. So you can also see if your usecase can be managed using this.

If not, as discussed you need to write a custom service to send the list of workflows as per your logic to the sidekick

Level 4

Thanks for your reply.

Authors have access to play around all the templates. So we cant restrict them using ACL Right?

Level 10

I think you can still modify the ACL for workflow model :https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/workflows/wf-admin.html#Configuring Access to Workflows