Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to update the jcr:mimeType field via Package Manager

Level 2

Hi,

In CRXDE Lite I am changing a file extension from being  xxx.jsp to be xxx.html. As part of this change on the jcr:content node I have had to manually change the jcr:mimeType from being text/plain to be text/html. I have done this in a test environment and packaged up the change using package manager.

When I deploy the package to a new environment the file is now renamed to be xxx.html file as expected, however, the jcr:content node in this new environment isn't being over ridden, it is staying as text/plain. Are there any settings in package manager in my package that I need to turn off/on to allow the jcr:content node to be over ridden?

Incidentally, if I delete the component affected in the new environment before I deploy the package the jcr:content is written correctly as text/html.

It seems to me that maybe you can't merge or override.

Can anyone help with this issue please?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lisa_burrow  

When you create a package in package manager, ty out with a merge/overwrite option. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/packag...

Another solution would be, just create a html file and copy the content and delete jsp rather than changing the mime type. This will be the simple one. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lisa_burrow  

When you create a package in package manager, ty out with a merge/overwrite option. 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/packag...

Another solution would be, just create a html file and copy the content and delete jsp rather than changing the mime type. This will be the simple one. 

Level 2
Thanks. I will test the merge/overwrite option in package manager. I was trying to avoid actually deleting the .jsp file in our live environment before we put the new version.