Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to show multi field images in java model

Level 3

I have a requirement to build a website where i can add more and more images using multifield. How will the java model of this feature look like?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're looking to create a website where you can add a bunch of images using a multifield, you're on the right track! In the Java model (Sling Model) part, we use the @ChildResource annotation to map a child node named "links" to a List of Resource objects. This sets the stage for creating a multifield.

Now, in the Sightly template, we're using the data-sly-list directive to loop through each item in the "links" List. Inside the loop, we access the properties of each link Resource to display things like the link path, target, and label. It's a neat way to handle multifields and makes it super easy for authors to add and manage multiple link items.

Feel free to give it a try, and if you have more questions or need clarification, just let me know!

I created a blog where you can use a simple Sling Model and sightly to iterate each item to build your frontend experience as you wish, check it out here. https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/granite-ui-multifield-sightly-traverse-iterate-simple-example

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

If you're looking to create a website where you can add a bunch of images using a multifield, you're on the right track! In the Java model (Sling Model) part, we use the @ChildResource annotation to map a child node named "links" to a List of Resource objects. This sets the stage for creating a multifield.

Now, in the Sightly template, we're using the data-sly-list directive to loop through each item in the "links" List. Inside the loop, we access the properties of each link Resource to display things like the link path, target, and label. It's a neat way to handle multifields and makes it super easy for authors to add and manage multiple link items.

Feel free to give it a try, and if you have more questions or need clarification, just let me know!

I created a blog where you can use a simple Sling Model and sightly to iterate each item to build your frontend experience as you wish, check it out here. https://sourcedcode.com/blog/aem/granite-ui-multifield-sightly-traverse-iterate-simple-example