Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to setup 2 dispatchers in AEM local instance

Level 5

I've setup 2 publishers (4503 and 4504) and I've setup one dispatcher for 4503 via Apache HTTP web server. Now what I intend to do is setup another dispatcher for pub2 on 4504 and enable load balancing. Can anyone help me or provide me the instructions to accomplish this?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @arindam6600 

As far as I understand you are talking about the below setup. Please confirm

A multi-legged topology would have one Dispatcher per Publish server. A dedicated (hardware) load balancer sits in front of the AEM infrastructure dispatching the requests to these two (or more) legs:

For each Dispatcher, configure the dispatcher.any file with the appropriate settings. This file is typically located in the Apache HTTP Server's conf directory. Below is an example snippet of a Dispatcher configuration:

/clientheaders {
}

/renders {
  /rend01 {
    /farm {
      /publish {
        /localhost {
          "hostname" "publish-instance1"
          "port" "4503"
        }
        /localhost {
          "hostname" "publish-instance2"
          "port" "4503"
        }
      }
    }
  }
}

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

One dispatcher could potentially load balance both publish servers. Is there a specific use case that needs 2 dispatchers, one for each publish instance?

Level 5

Yes! There's a specific use case where I've to setup 2 dispatchers one for each publisher and setup load balancing. This is a sort of POC that I'm  working on.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @arindam6600 

As far as I understand you are talking about the below setup. Please confirm

A multi-legged topology would have one Dispatcher per Publish server. A dedicated (hardware) load balancer sits in front of the AEM infrastructure dispatching the requests to these two (or more) legs:

For each Dispatcher, configure the dispatcher.any file with the appropriate settings. This file is typically located in the Apache HTTP Server's conf directory. Below is an example snippet of a Dispatcher configuration:

/clientheaders {
}

/renders {
  /rend01 {
    /farm {
      /publish {
        /localhost {
          "hostname" "publish-instance1"
          "port" "4503"
        }
        /localhost {
          "hostname" "publish-instance2"