Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to rotate Dynamic Media's s7access and ImageServer log files in AEM 6.3.1.2 ?

Level 1

AEM 6.3.1.2 with Dynamic Media Enabled

Hello Adobe Community,

This is my first posting here . . . I hope I'm doing it correctly . . . here is my question, I hope someone can help!

When we enabled Dynamic Media, it automatically installed two log files in <cq-installation-dir>/crx-quickstart/logs/:

s7access-<yyyy>-<mm>-<dd>.log

ImageServer-<PortId>-yyyy>-<mm>-<dd>.log

As with our other log files, for each of these dynamic media log files, a new one is added each day (the documentation refers to this as "rotating").

For each of the other (non-dynamic media) log files, only the 7 most recent files are kept.  But for our dynamic media log files, the number that is kept is not limited to 7; the dynamic media log files just keep accumulating.

Can someone please share the secret for how the number kept of the Dynamic Media log files be configured in AEM?

Or is the only way to manage it ourselves, such as by setting up a chron job to zip up and or delete older files?

3 Replies

Level 10

We will get this checked with the internal team.

Level 10

In mean time - look at this topic -- Monitoring and Maintaining Your CQ instance

Is says its your responsibility to clean up folder log files.

Hi @smacdonald2008 

The problem is that the s7access log gets created by default, I just tried this with a plain vanilla AEM 6.5 instance and it does get created there as well.

But there is no logger configuration in /system/console/slinglog for this file. Also, trying to create a Log Writer according to the documentation does not help.

The s7access log is rotated by default, but the filenames have a different pattern than files that have a standard log writer config, e.g.

error.log.2021-06-17

vs.

s7access-2021-06-17.log

So obviously, this is done somewhere else - but how can it be turned off or be configured in AEM?