Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

how to restrict particular user group from re ordering in list view of site console

Level 2

I need to restrict some user groups so that they can't perform page re ordering action in sites console list view.

I am using AEM 6.3 version, early help is much appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks buddy, you reply gave a good clue to find the solution.

I did the same thing as you suggested, then that button(dotted area) was disappeared but then we could do the re ordering on whole row so nothing changed,.

But in the same jsp around line number 136 (attrs.add("is", "coral-table-row");), is responsible for drag and drop feature. I have put the condition there and it worked for me.

1367127_pastedImage_4.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Please post a screen shot of the view you want to modify in sites console.

Level 2

Thanks for response.

Actually my client want to restrict re-ordering feature(site console - list view) for a particular group, so that that group is not able to re-order the pages.

1364986_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

This makes the question more clear. I am not aware of any docs for this specific re-ordering use caset. However- we will check internally.

In meantime - if any community members have implemented a similar use case - please provide details.

Level 10

I checked with some internal ppl - they replied:

I don’t think jcr has permission set to restrict just reordering (something like jcr:reorderChildNodes does not exist, similar to jcr:addChildNodes)

Though it can be achieve using simple UI extension

Also if reordering is not necessary its always best to use oak:Unstructured

Level 2

Alternatively, do we have any way to hide list view option for particular user group?

I tried overlaying ‘/libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/views/list’ using rendercondition but it didn't work.

Employee

The reordering element is hard coded in the row jsp. You can add a condition by overlaying /libs/cq/gui/components/coral/admin/page/row/row.jsp

1366414_pastedImage_0.png

Note: When you are installing FP|SP|CFP or Upgrading, make sure you merge the changes if there are any from /libs to your file.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thanks buddy, you reply gave a good clue to find the solution.

I did the same thing as you suggested, then that button(dotted area) was disappeared but then we could do the re ordering on whole row so nothing changed,.

But in the same jsp around line number 136 (attrs.add("is", "coral-table-row");), is responsible for drag and drop feature. I have put the condition there and it worked for me.

1367127_pastedImage_4.png