Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to remove the white spaces in dam assets while uploading

Level 3

How to remove the white spaces in dam assets while uploading

when author uploads an image with spaces say (adobe forum.jpg) is there any way the image uploaded as adobeforum.jpg(adobe-forum.jpg)

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to write a custom servlet that uses the AssetManager API as discussed here: Scott's Digital Community: Uploading files to Adobe Experience Manager DAM using AssetManager API

In your servlet - write Java app logic to remove spaces in the file name.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to write a custom servlet that uses the AssetManager API as discussed here: Scott's Digital Community: Uploading files to Adobe Experience Manager DAM using AssetManager API

In your servlet - write Java app logic to remove spaces in the file name.

Level 7

I think its better to add a process step to "DAM Asset Update" workflow in the beginning, so before any other action is performed on the asset, it would be renamed, if needed and then normal workflow model would follow

Level 1

Unfortunately, the Adobe Desktop Companion App allows DAM users to upload assets with spaces.  The workflow idea might work for uploads.

Level 10

Since we posted that answer - we have done WORKFLOW content with assets -- http://scottsdigitalcommunity.blogspot.ca/2018/02/modifying-digital-assets-using-adobe.html

Scott's Digital Community: Modifying Digital Assets using Adobe Experience Manager Workflows

Notice that using Workflows - you can get at the asset and its binary data. Now you can modify the name, place the asset in different folders, etc.

Also - we have an ATCE on using Workflow APIs -- Scott's Digital Community: Ask the AEM Community Experts for Feb 2018

Level 1

Hi @smacdonald2008,

The links above redirect to your new blog. Is there any way to access the information that was on those pages?

Kind regards,
David

Level 1

Hey,

I am facing the same issue and would like to add this step to the DAM update asset workflow, but upon adding the process step I am unable to find a step which will rename the asset and remove spaces.

Can you please elaborate and help me out.

Regards,

Prakash Iyer