Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to remove old link checker report from /var/linkchecker in author?

Level 2

We need to clear the old link checker report from AEM author cache and regenerate the new report. I found some of the articles on the net which suggest to remove this directly through crx/de, but we don't want to delete in that way.

So, the ask is there any configuration or any other option to clear the cache report from /var/linkchecker node?

I have tried below configuration changes but no luck.

1. I have updated max links per host to 0 in "Day CQ link checker info storage service" (Default is 500).

SapientPrahlad_0-1617094350820.png

2. Another way I have updated Map cache size to 0 in "Day CQ Link checker transform" (Default is 5000).

SapientPrahlad_1-1617094660973.png

Appreciate your response.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @prahlad-dutta 
There is no such configuration present which will remove the link cached copy of links from /var/linkchecker automatically.

Ideally this should not be cleared as the cache will help linkchecker not to check for the same links multiple times which will slowdown your instance.

if still you want to go ahead and clear the cached report, you will need to delete via crx/de or you can write a servlet/scheduler which will execute based on your need and can delete the nodes under /var/linkchecker programatically.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/how-to-configure-linkchecker-tomark-alllinks-asvali...

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @prahlad-dutta 
There is no such configuration present which will remove the link cached copy of links from /var/linkchecker automatically.

Ideally this should not be cleared as the cache will help linkchecker not to check for the same links multiple times which will slowdown your instance.

if still you want to go ahead and clear the cached report, you will need to delete via crx/de or you can write a servlet/scheduler which will execute based on your need and can delete the nodes under /var/linkchecker programatically.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/experience-manager/kb/how-to-configure-linkchecker-tomark-alllinks-asvali...

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

Level 2
Thanks asutosh_j3 for your suggestion. It will help.