Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to notify to the workflow initiator in the inbox

Level 3

Hi ,

I want to notify to the workflow initiator who started the workflow via a message in his AEM inbox.

In the workflow process step I am activating page through different replication agent (after some conditions applied like if user has priviledges).

So I wanted to send a message like "replication success"  if success ,
else "you are not a priviledge user for replication" to his inbox.

Thanks,

Pallavi

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
7 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Level 3

Thanks for the response.
But I wanted to a message to be sent to the initiator's inbox upon successful replication from the workflow.

Thanks,

Pallavi

Level 10

I am asking Eng how to send to inbox in AEM. I could not find a Java method that would do this.

Another option that you have is to send to a user normal email from a custom workflow step.

Level 10

Easiest way is to create a task assigned to the user you want to notify.

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/develop/ref/javadoc/com/adobe/granite/taskmanagement/TaskMana...)

Looks like you will have to use this API from a custom AEM workflow step.

Level 3

I think, you need to create a task to achieve this. However, creating a task will enable the complete, delegate functionality (which aem provides OOTB).

Here is one of the way to create a task.

acs-aem-samples/SampleTaskManagementImpl.java at master · Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-samples ...