Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

how to move static template to AEMaaCS?

Level 4

i have static template in the below path from AEM on Premises but currently i'm migrating to AEMaaCS with archetype V40.

When i includ static templates from below path its not deploying to the AEMaaCS.

currently i'm not interested to migrate to editable templates as its not changing by author.

can i anyone tell me what is the issue here?

<filter root="/apps/aem-vault-library/templates"/>

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vkarthick What exactly do you mean /apps not getting installed in cloud when you added static template? What is the status of apps package in Package manager or you do not see the package?

You should be able to deploy Static template in Cloud so issue must be something else
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/are-static-templates-suppo...

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Level 4

Hi Rohit,

The reference you provided is for converting static to editable templates but the solution i'm looking for is to use static templates as its in AEMaaCS.

i hope you understand context here!

Community Advisor

Can you please check if filter has those path covered with merge mode?

I hope it helps!

Community Advisor

Hi @vkarthick ,

Static Templates configuration information must come from Git via the CI/CD pipeline or it should be part of code base.
You can follow below link for more information.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/release-notes/aem-c...

Hope it helps!

Level 4

Tarun,

Have gone through already, the issue is When i include static templates from below /apps not deploying to the AEMaaCS.

Community Advisor

@vkarthick  Are you getting any error when you try including static templates in /apps/ ? 

Level 6

@vkarthick Does it work on local? Do you see any warnings in build? Did you try adding filter modes in filter.xml entry? Also please check the apps package in package manager if its installed properly.

Level 4

i have added in filter.xml too and apps package got installed.

Level 6

Try adding any of these filter modes.

<filter root="/apps/aem-vault-library/templates" mode="merge" />
<filter root="/apps/aem-vault-library/templates" mode="update" />

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@vkarthick What exactly do you mean /apps not getting installed in cloud when you added static template? What is the status of apps package in Package manager or you do not see the package?

You should be able to deploy Static template in Cloud so issue must be something else
https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/are-static-templates-suppo...

Level 4

template folder itself not seen under /apps.

Community Advisor

@vkarthick there are few folders that you can not see in CRXDE but they do exist in AEMaaCS. For example you also wont be able to see config folders, if I am recalling correctly, but functionality wise things work.