Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to move assets to specific folder in AEM 6.4

Level 2

Hello all,

I am trying to move images from http://localhost:4502/assets.html/content/dam/images  to specific folder , but unable to render back the same as reference is not reflected after using "Move" .

The same is tried with DAMADMIN , but could not succeed.Please suggest.

Regards,

Pavan   

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
7 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Level 2

Hi Arun,

after moving images are available in specific folder but reference of that images are  not getting reflected on pages.

Community Advisor

Hi,

It should be reflecting automatically.

Can you see below screen when you do move, It gives you option to adjust references.

Screenshot 2018-10-25 at 4.39.55 PM.png

Arun Patidar

Level 10

It works fine on 6.4 - just tested - i will post a video to show this working. I moved from DAM location A to DAM location B.

Level 10

See this Video where we show that assets in pages (which are moved) are automatically being updated to reflect the new AEM DAM location.

Level 10

Hi Pavan,

It should work as expected. If you are still unable to have it successfully, can you post the steps that you are following so that we can try to reproduce the same.

Level 1

Hi,

If you are trying to move the bulk of assets and references, kindly create script using AssetManager API's and using assetManager.move() method, move the assets from source folder to destination folder. Once assets moved using Query check in how many content nodes the old path is used/authored, by iterating through the nodes read all property values. If any property value matches with source asset path, set the node property with new asset path and activate the node.