Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to migrate from Adobe Auth to federated AD auth for same domain on AEM CLOUD?

Level 9

currently, our 50 or so AEM users login with our domain (e.g. john.smith@ourdomain.com)  using the built in Adobe ID system.  our organisation uses jumpcloud for all our SSO.  We now want to migrate from the adobe auth to our auth.

We understand we have to add a new directory for SAML, then to that directory add domains.  The crux is that the domain will be the same as the one already in use with the adobe auth.

1. Will adding the SAML auth break all our existing users login and admin console profile and group assignments, or will it create each user a second login option (so they can use either?)

2. if we want to assign profiles and groups in our SAML AD system, do we still do it via the admin console, or is there a way to do it via AD?  If so, how do we associate the groups in AD with groups/profiles in AEM?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @TB3dock ,

You could do a sync from your Federated AD to Adobe AD as mentioned here. This mentions Azure AD and I am not sure about Jump Cloud. But the way it works would be, your users and groups would be managed in your custom Azure AD and then periodically synced with Adobe AD.

Add Azure Sync to any Adobe Admin Console directory to automate user management

Thanks,

Ram

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 6

Hi @TB3dock ,

You could do a sync from your Federated AD to Adobe AD as mentioned here. This mentions Azure AD and I am not sure about Jump Cloud. But the way it works would be, your users and groups would be managed in your custom Azure AD and then periodically synced with Adobe AD.

Add Azure Sync to any Adobe Admin Console directory to automate user management

Thanks,

Ram