Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to manage pending publish and how does it work?

Level 5

From my reading, publishing anything in AEM means it's ready for use and will appear in creation process. I have lot's of question about it like who can publish, why can I use my image assets even tho I didn't publish it. Who can add asset and administrator can Approve the Added asset. Need more explanation on each default groups that were created and it's permissions. But my main question for now is what is this and how can I approve this?

1670062_pastedImage_1.png1670063_pastedImage_2.png

and this

1670064_pastedImage_3.png

Answering my other questions are also appreciated. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Navigate to the inbox and approve/reject the tasks associated to the workflows, that should get rid of pending status on content/assets. You could do it as an administrator or the user to whom the task is assigned.

Your Inbox  (use 6.3 or 6.4 documentation per your AEM version)

Any user who has been granted appropriate replication ACL can publish the content (pages/assets/CF etc.) You are able to use the assets because you are working on the author instance where assets are present irrespective of their replication status. Replication would just push the content/asset from author instance to publish instance (separate AEM instance).

AEM documentation - 

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.4 Learn & Support

I would recommend you to set up a publish instance, a replication agent and then test it end-to-end. That might help to understand it better.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Navigate to the inbox and approve/reject the tasks associated to the workflows, that should get rid of pending status on content/assets. You could do it as an administrator or the user to whom the task is assigned.

Your Inbox  (use 6.3 or 6.4 documentation per your AEM version)

Any user who has been granted appropriate replication ACL can publish the content (pages/assets/CF etc.) You are able to use the assets because you are working on the author instance where assets are present irrespective of their replication status. Replication would just push the content/asset from author instance to publish instance (separate AEM instance).

AEM documentation - 

Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) 6.4 Learn & Support

I would recommend you to set up a publish instance, a replication agent and then test it end-to-end. That might help to understand it better.

Level 5

Thanks for answering but my inbox doesn't show anything that I can accept anything pending.

1670790_pastedImage_0.png

This my be bold but can I add you on skype or something for fast communication?

Level 10

Did you login with "admin" credentials to validate that "inbox" doesn't show any pending items to be approved or "calendar" view doesn't show any pre-scheduled activations for future?

sure, you could reach out for quick conversations.

Level 10

gauravb10066713 is correct - you need to approve this. Try logging in as admin to see the approval process - which is done via the AEM inbox. 

Level 5

Thanks. but I did login as admin credentials.

1673232_pastedImage_2.png

still my inbox only has those 4 defaults.

your answer might be correct, now I'm theres something wrong with my installation. would that be possible?

Level 10

Check your publish agent's queue - http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author/publish.html

or any other replication agent that you might've created - http://localhost:4502/etc/replication/agents.author.html

Check if there is any agent with blocked/pending items to be replicated? Clear that queue.

Another item to check - 'Manage Publication' on the top header of assets/content page. Check if you find any item(s) there?

Level 5

something about queue is blocked

1673238_pastedImage_0.png

Level 10

This is another reason why you could see pending status in replication. Since you don't have publish server setup, all items are blocked.

You could setup publish server, clear up the queue or disable the publish agent till the time you set up publish server.

HTH