Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to logout from AEM Publish instance

Level 4

Hi,

We have intregated the AEM Publisher instance to SAML. We want to implement the logout functionality for the application.We are successfully logout from the SAML session somehow AEM Session is still there, because we see the login-token cookie in the browser even after the SAML logout.

In Author instance, we are using /system/sling/logout.html it is able to clear the login-token cookie from the browser.

But In publish instance, if we are using /system/sling/logout.html, we are getting the below error.

Not Found

The requested URL /system/sling/logout.html was not found on this server.

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, could you please check if logout url is blocked from dispatcher? If yes then try with allowing this request.

/0500 { /type "allow" /method "GET" /url "/system/sling/logout" }

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi @arunpatidar , I have updated the dispatcher configuration, still I am facing from the 404 error in publish instance.

kbitra1998_0-1637579426337.png

Could you please help me on this.

Community Advisor

Can you try to hit this page from publisher without dispatcher to check if it is accessible or not?
I would suggest check the error log and dispatcher log to confirm if this is access issue or something else?

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Hi @arunpatidar ,

I have verified through Ip it is working like I have logged into crxde with admin credentials and using /system/sling/logout, I am able to logged out from the session.

So I am thinking it is an issue with dispatcher or saml.

when we logout from the saml session, is it possible to logout the aem session as well. If so you can explain how it is done.