Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to load only part of the dictionary in AEM 6.0?

Level 4

Hello,

I'm using AEM6.0 with SP3.

In javascript we are loading part of the transation with CQ.I18n.getMessage method.

/libs/cq/i18n/dict.en_us.json returns only custom translation, but /libs/cq/i18n/dict.de_de.json in additional to our custom translation returns also AEM OOTB translations.

How I can prevent this for publish instance?

Thank you in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so do I understand you correct?

• When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.en_us.json with your browser, you get only the custom translations (= the translations you provided)
  • When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.de_de.json with your browser, you get the custom translations plus the ootb german translations

Is this correct? And you have put your custom translations below /apps/my-project/i18.

Which version of AEM do you have? Can you provide the exact version of the bundle "org.apache.sling.i18n"?

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

where in the repository have you placed your custom translations?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 4

Hi Jörg,

/apps/my-project/i18n

Thanks,

Alex

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

so do I understand you correct?

• When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.en_us.json with your browser, you get only the custom translations (= the translations you provided)
  • When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.de_de.json with your browser, you get the custom translations plus the ootb german translations

Is this correct? And you have put your custom translations below /apps/my-project/i18.

Which version of AEM do you have? Can you provide the exact version of the bundle "org.apache.sling.i18n"?

kind regards,
Jörg

Level 2
Hi Jörg, I still that happening in AEM 6.4 and 6.5. We do have our custom translations. Right now there are three languages: en, es and zh. /libs/cq/i18n/dict.es.json returns OOTB values, how to prevent this? zh and en works as expected.

Level 4

Hi,

>>When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.en_us.json with your browser, you get only the custom translations (= the translations you provided)

>>When you hit /libs/cq/i18n/dict.de_de.json with your browser, you get the custom translations plus the ootb german translations

>>Is this correct? And you have put your custom translations below /apps/my-project/i18.

Correct.

>>Which version of AEM do you have?

AEM6.0 + SP3

Can you provide the exact version of the bundle "org.apache.sling.i18n"?

Thanks,

Alex

Level 2

Hi Alex, could you find any solution for this? Even we are facing same issue.

Thanks,

Mohan

Level 4

Hello,

We deactivated OOTB dictionaries from publish instance.

Thanks,

Alex

Level 2

Thanks Alex, for the info. Did you deactivate dictionaries at /libs/wcm/core/i18n in publish instance or using Guide Localization Service or overlayed  /libs/wcm/core/i18n with your custom or blank dictionaries?

- Mohan

Level 4

We just deactivated /libs/wcm/core/i18n from publish instance

-Alex

Level 2

We faced the similar requirement to fetch I18n values at client side using Granite.i18n Library

This is what I did.

1) Created a custom servlet which returns JSON response similar to ResourceBundleExportServlet

2) Loaded the bundle using basename and locale parameter - ResourceBundle resourceBundle = req.getResourceBundle(basename, pageLocale);

3) Added 'sling:basename="basename_constant"' in language specific i18n xml file which resides in /apps/project-name/i18n folder. In my case, I am setting the value of locale itself ex: "zh_cn"

4) In clientlibs javascript file setting Granite.I18n.setUrlPrefix("/bin/custom/i18n/dict."); to fetch from custom servlet URL.