Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to invalidate cache in RolloutConfigManager?

Level 4

Hi,
I am using CQ 5.5. When I remove a bundle with custom Live Action, this Live Action disappear in the Components tab (OSGI console).
But RolloutConfigManager still keep this Live Action in a cache.
How can I invalidate cache in Rollout Config Manager without restarting cq or disable/enable RolloutConfigManagerFactoryImpl?

- Alex.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
3 Replies

Level 2

Hello Alex,

This is a known problem in cq 5.5 , only fixed starting CQ 5.6 .

In 5.5, the LiveActionFactories are loaded once and then cached, and there is no way to flush it apart from the solutions you mentioned, or also restarting the msm-core bundle.. 

In 5.6 a new mechanism has been introduced in the RolloutConfigManagerFactory, using a org.osgi.util.tracker.ServiceTrackerCustomizer to listen to OSGI changes on LiveActionFactory Services, and manages another cache of factories according to those changes.

Cheers,
Geoffroy

Level 4

Thanks you Geoffroy.

I found that the cache invalidate after the modification under "/etc/msm/rolloutconfigs" folder.
I can add a modification property on activation and deactivation methods in custom Live Actions, but this solution doesn't look nice.
Is it possible to restart a bundle or component in java code?
Is it possible to send a lowest-level event(javax.jcr.observation.Event) from java code?

Do you know better way how to fix it in cq 5.5?

Correct answer by
Level 10