Expand my Community achievements bar.

CQ Component and dispatcher cache invalidation

Level 2

I have created a CQ component that is having dispatcher caching issues when the content of the component is updated on the authoring instance.

Here are the details of the component that are relevant to the issue. There are two JSP files within the component:
components/carousel/pc-carousel.jsp
components/carousel/pc-carousel.carousel.jsp

When the component is placed on a page it’s properties are stored, as with all other components, within the node:
[page path]/jcr:content/par/pc-carousel (for example) of the page.

When the content of the page is updated and published, the jcr:content/par/pc-carousel.carousel at the dispatcher does not get invalidated. All other components on the page do.

The component uses AJAX loading of the content of the .carousel file.

I hope I’ve provided enough information in that summary. Can anyone provide me with any suggestions as to where to look next to make sure the cached .carousel file gets invalidated at the dispatcher? I’m not the system admin for this site and so have limited access to fully observe the issue.

2 Replies

Employee Advisor

what extension does the file have you request via AJAX? Will it be invalidated? Can you set the dispatcher loglevel to DEBUG and post the log statements?

Jörg

Level 2

Hi Jörg,

The file path of the AJAX request is along the lines of index.html/jcr:content/par/pc-carousel.carousel. Since it's underneath the jcr:content of the document at index.html which will be invalidated I assumed that the pc-carousel.carousel will also, but I'm guessing that's not the case. I do not have a strong understanding of how invalidation works and how it should be implemented in circumstances such as these.

I do not have enough access to return a dispatcher log I'm afraid.