Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to install VLT on a OSX mac machine

Level 1

I tried installing VLT on my local machine where i have AEM installed and running successfully.

But it is not woking for me. As per comments on a forum thread i followed: How to use the VLT Tool - docs.day.com but when i change my environment path:

export M2_HOME=/Users/moy/apache-maven-3.1.1
export VLT_HOME=/Applications/CQ-li/vault-cli-3.1.6
export PATH=$PATH:$M2_HOME/bin;$VLT_HOME/bin;
export JAVA_HOME=$(/usr/libexec/java_home)
export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

and then reboot the system and run

vlt --help

its showing me this error:
Macintosh-Y:bin moy$ vlt --help 
-bash: vlt: command not found 

Do you have any suggestions for me ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

As I wrote you privately on the old forums, it looks like you have the wrong delimiter on the third line. You should only be using colons.

Also, if you have Homebrew installed, you should look at https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/homebrew-brews which allows you to install the latest version of vlt very easily.

Regards,

Justin

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

You need to extract vlt and install it on mac. You can find vlt zip file in your cq5 installation at crx-quickstart\opt\filevault\filevault.zip

Once you install add vlt file to your enviroment path. This error will go away. You should be able to use it on Mac

It seems that you installed vlt in /Applications/CQ-li/vault-cli-3.1.6, can you go to /Applications/CQ-li/vault-cli-3.1.6/bin and run

vlt  command

It could be environment path issue

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

As I wrote you privately on the old forums, it looks like you have the wrong delimiter on the third line. You should only be using colons.

Also, if you have Homebrew installed, you should look at https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/homebrew-brews which allows you to install the latest version of vlt very easily.

Regards,

Justin

Level 2

You don't need to add vlt to the path. If you're on Mac/Linux, just go to where you unzipped the download.

For example

cd .../vault-cli-2.4.40/bin

Then type the following

./vlt --help

If you see the following or similar, you're in business.

Jcr File Vault [version 2.4.40] Copyright 2011 by Adobe Systems Incorporated