Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to include component with dialog box on template with sightly?

Level 4

Not sure if these is even possible, but I want to include a component on a template so its on every page by default. But I also want to give content authors the ability to overwrite the content using the dialog box. Is this possible?

Currently,

I'm using this code on my base page template

<div data-sly-resource="${'root' @ resourceType='website/wcm/www/components/global/cu3_contact_bar'}"></div>

While it embeds the component on every page, the component isn't author-able. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

I have also tested it.

When i opened it in Classic UI - i am able to open the dialog however - in Touch UI - it did not open.

Please create a daycare ticket for this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

See:

sample7.html -- http://blogs.adobe.com/experiencedelivers/experience-management/htl-intro-part-1/

<div data-sly-resource="${'par' @ resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>
With data-sly-resource you can include components and resources. In the above sample you include of standard paragraph system in your template.

I tested this too and put this HTL code in a componet:

AEM HTL Example: 
<div data-sly-resource="${'par' @ resourceType='foundation/components/list'}"></div>

When i opened in Classic UI - i was able to open the dialog: 

However - in Touch UI - it did not open

See if you can open in Classic UI view.

Level 10

In Touch UI - the browser throw an error: 

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Server Error) 

Level 4

I can't verify in ClassicUi since the component wasn't made for it. I'll have to add some classic ui only code to render to try. In the meantime, should I file this as a bug with Daycare?

Level 10

Yes - file as a bug with support and then test with a classic ui component - try the list component for testing as i have shown. 

Correct answer by
Administrator

I have also tested it.

When i opened it in Classic UI - i am able to open the dialog however - in Touch UI - it did not open.

Please create a daycare ticket for this.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Is it resolved in latest release of AEM?

Level 1

I tried something like this

<div data-sly-resource="par"></div> <div data-sly-resource="${'search-results' @ resourceType='path/to/component'}"></div> <div data-sly-resource="${'parafter' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

and it works for me

this <div data-sly-resource="par"></div> allows you to edit

this <div data-sly-resource="${'parafter' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}"></div> will add an extra parsys in the bottom