Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

How to import the templates from /conf into IntelliJ or VSCode?

Level 2

Hi AEM Community, I used the Editable Template to create a new template, and when I'm done, the new template is to be found under /conf in CRXDE. Then I tried to import the new template into an IDE - ideally either IntelliJ or VSCode, but had a hard time doing so.

****What I've tried****

I tried to use the VSCode AEM Sync extension which is very nice and did part of the job as shown below. I right-click on jcr_root and do "Import from AEM Server"
 Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.56.02 AM.png
it only imported the /content/jcr_root/content, not the /conf

Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.51.56 AM.png
****What I expected - a working example from another project****
What I expected was something like from the WKND project as follows:
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 10.47.00 AM.png
****More Info****
If I right-clicked for "Import from AEM Server" the path above jcr_root, I received an error message, that's why doing it on the ui.content level or the src/main/content level isn't an option here
Screen Shot 2021-11-30 at 11.00.09 AM.png
****So my question is****
How can I get the /conf into my IDE?

It doesn't have to be VSCode AEM Sync, if anybody knows how to achieve the same goal with IntelliJ (via e.g. IntelliVault)?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @infiniteshi  

I have the same Weknd Site setup in my local and to sync the CRXDE to Local for /Conf Folder

I just right clicked on top of 

/ui.content/src/main/content/conf/<myapp> as shown below then selected import from server

Rajashankar_0-1638314410878.png

I just cloned the template type of page to another copy page in crxde the same got copied/improted from crxde to local perfectly.Please refer below

Rajashankar_1-1638314494208.png

Rajashankar_2-1638314535402.png

Hope this helps.

Level 2

Hi 

Thank you very much for the reply! I can't reproduce the first step of your success procedure

@RajaShankar wrote:

Hi @infiniteshi  

I have the same Wknd Site setup in my local and to sync the CRXDE to Local for /Conf Folder

I just right clicked on top of 

/ui.content/src/main/content/conf/<myapp> as shown below then selected import from server

Rajashankar_0-1638314410878.png

because the problem on my end is that I don't have /ui.content/src/main/content/conf/<myapp> available in VSCode. I only have /ui.content/src/main/content/content<...>

Screen Shot 2021-12-02 at 3.14.37 PM.png

The import didn't bring /conf in even though it is available in CRXDE. Any suggestion?

Level 4

Hi,

Install "AEM Sync" from Extensions in Marketplace then you will able to see those  "Sync file from AEM" and "Sync file to AEM" options as mentioned by @RajaShankar.

LeelaPavanKumar_2-1639121517769.png

Check this for more info : AEM Development with Visual Studio Code  

Hope this helps!

Community Advisor

You can follow below videos where you can find step by step details on how to sync code between AEM & Intellij/Visual studio/Eclipse. I always follow this doc and works for me  

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-learn/foundation/development/set-up-a-loc... 

Time stamps: 

SivaPrasadReddyS_0-1638354446694.png

for Intellij Repo setup: https://github.com/Adobe-Marketing-Cloud/tools/tree/master/repo#installation 

Once you setup Repo, then you can easily sync content between. 

Hope this docs help you.