Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to get expiration Flag for custom expired metadatafield for Assets

Level 4

Hi guys,

I am using cutom expiration metadata property instead of prism:expirationDate. So we want to also have the expiration flags on Assets shown as below image. Please let me know how we can acheive the same.

khamat_bn_0-1612016452979.png

khamat_bn_1-1612016513862.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Instead of customizing the status, why don't you set or update prism:expirationDate value with your custom expiration date. That will automatically set the EXPIRED flag on Asset.

custom:expirationDate = prism:expirationDate

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Instead of customizing the status, why don't you set or update prism:expirationDate value with your custom expiration date. That will automatically set the EXPIRED flag on Asset.

custom:expirationDate = prism:expirationDate

Level 4

Hi,

to update the metadata node with prsm:expirationDate as custom expiration date field, which approach you suggest is better. I have think to modify OOTB workflow xmpWriteback or Event Listner. 

Is there any better approach, please suggest me.

Community Advisor
How you are updating your custom expiration date?, is it through service or workflow?. you can add logic by getting the resource there itself

Level 4
Hi, We are adding custom expiration date from metadata properties. We have created metadata schema with some new properties and fields and expiration is on of them.