Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to get Brandportal collaborators in AEM?

Level 4

Hi,
whenever we collaborate on something with the brand portal using the Asset contribution folder, we don't see who has uploaded the image in image properties in the brand portal. Also, this user id is crucial for us to flow back to AEM to know and understand who has published the image back into the AEM.

Any Idea how we can achieve this? 
Thanks,

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @mrudul - 

Are you using AEM on premise?

If yes, 

Here is what you can do : 

1. Modify the Asset workflow in AEM to include a step that captures the user information before publishing the asset to the Brand Portal. This step can extract the user ID and store it as metadata associated with the asset.

2. Extend the metadata schema for assets in AEM to include a field specifically for storing the user ID who uploaded the image. This field will capture the user information during the asset workflow.

3. Customize the integration between AEM and the Brand Portal to pass the user ID as metadata when publishing the asset. This may involve modifying the integration code or implementing custom API calls to include the user ID in the metadata payload.

4. Update the Brand Portal's image properties display to show the user ID metadata field alongside other asset information. This customization will enable users to see who uploaded the image within the Brand Portal.

If you are using AEM as a cloud service, you can rather use Asset Share Commons package for the same.

Level 4

Hi @Tanika02 , 

Thanks for jotting this down. 
Just to give you more insight,

We are not publishing Assets from AEM to BP. It is the other way around. We are only publishing the contribution folder created in AEM; to Brand portal.

There might be case a user-A would create the Asset Contribution folder and publish it to BP. 
From the brand portal whoever uploads the image (not necessarily User A) and publishes it back to AEM. So, the user who uploads/replicates the image in BP, back to AEM  should be captured in the image metadata and that data we need to have in AEM. 

Thanks,

Community Advisor

Hello @mrudul - 

So basically you want to capture the user information when an image is uploaded to the Brand Portal and published back to AEM. Here is what you can do : 

• You can create a custom workflow step that triggers when an asset is replicated from the Brand Portal back to AEM. This workflow step will capture the necessary metadata, including the user information.

• Later Within the custom workflow step, extract the user information from the replicated asset.

• Once you have extracted the user information, update the metadata of the replicated asset in AEM. Add a custom metadata field (e.g., "Uploaded By") and store the user information within that field.

Level 4

Hi @Tanika02 - Thanks for this. 

Yes, we can trigger a custom workflow based on node created/modified in a specific folder or subfolder. But my question is how do we get the brand portal metadata in AEM? if I take a look at the image which is published back to AEM. It doesn't have any metadata specific to brand portal. 

I am thinking can we leverage the Event handler to capture the replication event here? 
But again I am not sure which entity holds the BP metatada on a given image published to AEM from BP.