Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

how to fetch workflow launcher configurations in custom WorkflowProcess execute method?

Level 5

I have created a new workflow using public class MyProcess implements WorkflowProcess { }

i have overridden 

public void execute(WorkItem item, WorkflowSession session, MetaDataMap args) throws WorkflowException { }

this method and able to get payload when an asset gets uploaded.

However I want to access the workflow launcher configurations(i.e. the folder of DAM assets on which the workflow gets launched) in my java code.

how do i get it , I am not saying about arguments, arguments can be fetched by MetaDataMap args.

can anyone tell me , if possible a couple of lines demonstrating same woul help a lot.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you're hoping for but in later releases of worklfow you can find out which launcher started a workflow, if it was started by a launcher.  

it is stored in the worklfow metadata with the key "launcherId".

Hope this helps,

Will

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

Not sure exactly what you're hoping for but in later releases of worklfow you can find out which launcher started a workflow, if it was started by a launcher.  

it is stored in the worklfow metadata with the key "launcherId".

Hope this helps,

Will

Level 10

Looking through the workflow Javadocs - i am not seeing an API that returns this information:

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/5-6-1/javadoc/com/adobe/granite/workflow/exec/package-summary.html

Looks like its not supported via the Workflow API. 

You may have to get this information using the JCR API - that is -reading the node props. 

I will check with Will