Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to Externalize and sync Binary Data with multiple Author Instances in AEM 6.0 through TarMK

Level 3

Hi,

As per the project requirement, I need to externalize the Binary data store from CRX default repository and also I need to access that external Binary data repository from multiple Author Instances(AEM 6.0). We need to use TarMK as a database.

I am able to externalize the Binary Data repository using "org.apache.jackrabbit.oak.plugins.blob.datastore.FileDataStore.cfg" file. But, I am not able to cluster multiple author instances in TarMK to access this repository. How can I achieve this? Please help!!

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

TarMK does not support clustering in AEM 6.0. You will need to either use MongoMK or fall back to using CRX2 with TarPM.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

TarMK does not support clustering in AEM 6.0. You will need to either use MongoMK or fall back to using CRX2 with TarPM.

Level 1

I have a similar request as Kaustav, and wanted to dig a little deeper into the TarMK limitations.

What specifically is it about TarMK that does not allow multiple AEM6 instances to share a single data-store?

What would happen if we point multiple AEM6 instances to use a common TarMK data-store? Will there be corruption? Why?

Level 3

Thanks Justin, but using MongoMK is not feasible for me due to some issue. Can you please help me with the steps or any kind of links or somethings to achieve this in alternate manner. Thanks a lot in advance!!

Regards,

Kaustav Majoomder

Employee

Kaustav, 

If your requirement is to just share the datastore, please use the FileSystemDataStore with TarMK and point multiple instances to the same path. 

Employee

Artie, 

If you use a FileSystemDataStore with TarMK, you can most definitely share it. You won't be able to share the DS if you aren't using FSDS. Hope that helps.