Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.

How to extend the proxy tabs component created from core to add an icon and text with the tab title ?

Level 3

Hello Guys !

Really confused with the extension of core components by creating a proxy component and adding additional features as per the requirement. 
The use case is i need to bind an icon and text to the tab title which is being generated automatically and the author should have the flexibility to change the icon and text. 

akashkriz005_0-1680763296509.png

In the above tab title highlighted , Need to integrate an icon and text. So that the remaining tabs functionality keeps the same. 

Please advise how we can integrate this functionality with proxy component ? 

2 Replies

Community Advisor

You can add extra options in the dialog multifield for each tab and add the icons accordingly .

Himanshu Jain

Level 3

Thanks for the response @Himanshu_Jain . I tried to extend it with  a multi field and extended the sling model as well. But whenever the sling is referred in the proxy component I'm not getting the already existing functionalities of core tab component.