Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to Extend the AuthoringModeUIService Implementation (AuthoringUIModeServiceImpl)

Level 1

We have an upgraded AEM version 6.4.8.4 and still have a  lot of  pages built from classic templates.  We now have a growing number of pages built from touch UI templates.  We have this request from authors to have the smarts to open a page correctly on either the classic or touch ui mode. We cannot set the authoring mode site-wide nor by user preference.  We are trying to see if we can extend this authoring mode service to look at the template of the page and set the mode to touch or classic accordingly.  How should I go about this implementation?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One of the approaches would be, redirecting user to classic UI via custom SlingFilter if a page created using a classic template.

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

One of the approaches would be, redirecting user to classic UI via custom SlingFilter if a page created using a classic template.

Arun Patidar

Level 1
Hi Arun - Please confirm my understanding: we will set the authoringmode sitewide to touchui and add custom sling filter to check if a page is created using a classic template?

Community Advisor
yes, you can restrict filter based on path e.g. /editor.html/content/group/yoursite and redirect to /cf#/content/group/yoursite if criteria met

Arun Patidar