Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

how to enable targeting mode AEM6.0 sp2

Level 2

I have created a cloud services configuration for DTM, which includes my s_code.js & mbox.js  files and have also created cloud services configurations for target & analytics client accounts for a new site, however I don't see 'targeting' in the author editing modes list.

How do I enable "targeting" mode? I would have thought i'd would be enabled out-of-the-box, but have also confirmed that none of my pages/components have cq.disableTargeting=true so it's not like I've turned this option off. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I actually solved this for 6.2 - the "ContextHub" component needs to be installed on the page for the Author mode to appear in Edit mode list.  I did this with a Sightly resource include on my page like so:

<div data-sly-resource="${'contexthub' @ resourceType='granite/contexthub/components/contexthub'}"></div>

HTH,

- Tom

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to Adobe Community.

You might want to look at the below articles that explain authoring targeted content using target mode and content targeting.

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/personalization/target/ct-touch.html

http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/author/personalization/target.html

Thanks!

Level 2

Shekhar,

Thanks, that was actually the first place I went before I undertook this piece of work. 

I'm not sure you understood my question. Perhaps I should explain it differently.

The targeting mode option DOES NOT APPEAR in the edit modes list. I would have assumed once the cloud services were configured this mode would be enabled automatically. But it's not ?

Any other suggestions most welcome

Level 1

Hi Mark,

Did you ever figure this out? I am on 6.2, but have the same problem with my custom site.

regards

- Tom

Correct answer by
Level 1

Hi Mark,

I actually solved this for 6.2 - the "ContextHub" component needs to be installed on the page for the Author mode to appear in Edit mode list.  I did this with a Sightly resource include on my page like so:

<div data-sly-resource="${'contexthub' @ resourceType='granite/contexthub/components/contexthub'}"></div>

HTH,

- Tom