Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to enable table in text component rich text editor

Former Community Member

Hi,

I have followed the steps on AEM 6.1 document https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-1/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-edit or.html#Styles%20%28Tables%20and%20Table%20Cells%29

to enable the table icons on text component rich text editor. But it does not appears, it always display the set of the default icons on the dialog.

I have created the rtePlugins node, table nodes, and features property, but it does not work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

8 Replies

Level 10

We are looking into this. I have reached out to the doc team. 

Community Advisor

Hi

Do we have any update on this?

We trying table plugin in 6.2 and it is not visible in Touch UI.

Thanks

Dipti

Level 1

Hi, I'm also having the same problem as Dipti Chauhan, does anyone know how to make the table pluging work on Touch UI for version 6.2?

Thanks!

Mario

Level 3

To Enable table in text editor.

Create a rtePlugins of type "nt:unstructured" below to the richtext field. after that create a node name "table" of type  "nt:unstructured" and add a property features and value * .

Here is link for component :- AEM components - Google Drive

Level 10

Hi Qian416​ and Dipti,

See this HELPX article for configuring all the plugins in Touch UI Dialog: Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

It shows you how to enable Table plugin in Touch UI Dialog and it also contains the package to see concepts in action!!

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 4

Hi Ratna Kumar​ ,

The package mentioned in the link Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog 

does not work on AEM 6.3 . This is how the rich text touch ui dialog renders on AEM 6.3 with no plugins -

1294215_pastedImage_0.png

Could you please let me know how can I make it work in AEM 6.3 ? Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks

Level 1

Hi Ratna Kumar,

I am very interessted in the answer "How does one make table editing in RTE of AEM 6.3 availlable?", too.

Could you please complete an answer here.

Level 10

Hi All,

The package works perfectly fine that there in the article Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog . Here is the below screenshot.

RTE2.PNG

Also we have updated the screenshots of RTE plugins for AEM 6.3.

Thanks,

Ratna.