Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to enable "disable targeting" button on edit bar

Level 9

Hello,

I am looking for option to enable "disable targeting" button on edit bar. Once you convert a normal component to target using incontext targeting option the edit bar does not display option for "disable targeting", wondering if anyone has enabled it. Please share.

Related topic for similar question - http://help-forums.adobe.com/content/adobeforums/en/experience-manager-forum/adobe-experience-manage...

Looking for response.

Thanks,

Pawan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the other thread - Lokesh said there was a bug:

I remember facing the same issue sometime back when I was trying with targeting. Please do raise a ticket.

Have you opened a ticket? 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 9

Please find in attached surrounded with red circle. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the other thread - Lokesh said there was a bug:

I remember facing the same issue sometime back when I was trying with targeting. Please do raise a ticket.

Have you opened a ticket? 

Employee

Have you created experiences for your component?

Level 9

Hi,

Yes, and that is working perfectly fine. I wanted to have disable targetign button available even there is no experience selected for QAs or business users who accidentally clicked on target and easily want to revert back to normal component instead of searching for campaign and experience.  

Thanks,

Pawan

Level 9

I found the solution but anyhow thanks for sharing the information.

Level 10

I am getting the 'disable targetting' by default !!

it would be great if you can share your solution in your case !

Level 2

Can you please share your solution. I am still having the same issue of not seeing the "Disable targeting" option.

In addition, when "Target" is enabled on a component, there is a javascript error that prevents the Sidekick from displaying any components.

Please refer to the screenshots attached. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!