Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to enable Handle advance option in 'Goto Step' in AEM workflow

Level 3

I am trying to enable the Handle advance option in the Goto Step but when I try to add this in the workflow it is adding the property PROPERTY_AUTO_ADVANCE as "false" by default. I modified the value to "true" and synched the workflow but still it is not working and Goto step is waiting for a confirmation to proceed.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks all for the support, I achieved this by providing Timeout immediate and timeout handler as Absolute Timeout Advancer.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @thatsmeadarsh, did you defined ECMA script or Rule Definition. This determines if GoTo will proceed or not. I do not think you should change PROPERTY_AUTO_ADVANCE manually for this specific step.

Have a look into the documentation [1]

[1] - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/developing/extending-aem/extending-wor...

Level 3

Hi @lukasz-m 

I have already included the ECMA script below

function check(){
return true;
}

Still it is waiting for user validation to proceed.

Thanks

Level 3

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 1.55.52 PM.png

I want to apply the Goto step to 'first' without user needs to click ok from the inbox.

Level 3

I identified the culprit, I am using a Dynamic Participant step just before the Goto Step. This is the reason why handler advance is not working. Now I am trying to find ways to fix this.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 3

Thanks all for the support, I achieved this by providing Timeout immediate and timeout handler as Absolute Timeout Advancer.