Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to edit page properties via a component dialog?

Level 1

Hello All,

I have a page(mypage) and a component(mycomponent) on that page which gets its content from the page properties. I am trying to provide an authoring interface for the "mycomponent" which will let the author edit corresponding page properties without creating any component level properties.  Any help on this is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Sathish

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sathish,

one way of handling this is to get the input from your 'mycomponent' and in the jsp, read the value and set them for the corresponding page properties accessing Page API. So from the authoring perspective, they will be handling the page properties through the component.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi Sathish,

U can just extend out of the box page component so that you can use that dialog. In mycomponent.jsp try to maintain same data and properties using Node and Page API.

Thanks,

AryA.

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Sathish,

one way of handling this is to get the input from your 'mycomponent' and in the jsp, read the value and set them for the corresponding page properties accessing Page API. So from the authoring perspective, they will be handling the page properties through the component.