Expand my Community achievements bar.

July 31st AEM Gems Webinar: Elevate your AEM development to master the integration of private GitHub repositories within AEM Cloud Manager.
SOLVED

Author Publish ratio

Level 6

What is the recommended ratio of author to publish instances ? What is the maximum number of publish instances for a single author ?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there is no recommended ratio. The number of publish instances should only be driven by the load you expect at publish level. A typical number of publish instances is 2 to 6. A higher number of instances can cause performance problems on authoring side. If you plan to have more than 10 publishs, I would strongly recommend to get your architecture reviewed by Adobe consultants.

The number of authors is mostly determined by the type of application; and clustering won't help to scale the replication, since the replication runs only on the cluster leader.

kind regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

You can also check [0] and [1] for more info on on how to calculate the sizing of your setup depending on the purpose of the deployment.

BR,

Alex

[0]: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/managing/hardware_sizing_guidelines.html

[1]: http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/cq/current/managing/capacity-guide.html

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

there is no recommended ratio. The number of publish instances should only be driven by the load you expect at publish level. A typical number of publish instances is 2 to 6. A higher number of instances can cause performance problems on authoring side. If you plan to have more than 10 publishs, I would strongly recommend to get your architecture reviewed by Adobe consultants.

The number of authors is mostly determined by the type of application; and clustering won't help to scale the replication, since the replication runs only on the cluster leader.

kind regards,
Jörg