Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

how to do version purging on top folders?

Level 6

Hi ,

I am using the curl command to version purging , like this curl -u admin:admin -f -o progress.txt -d "cmd=Purge&maxversions=3&path=/content/dam/prime/memberportal/forms&recursive=true" "http://localhost:4502/etc/versioning/purge.html"  

Its not working this folder when i tried with the subfolders its working. Its not working on top folders . Did i miss anything. Please suggest.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file a daycare.  For now overlay [1] to implement skip. 

[1]   /libs/wcm/core/component/verionpurge/POST.jsp

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

might be version history corrupted or you do not have 3 versions. The logs should have the info. Verify logs and take appropriate action accordingly

Level 6

Hi,

Thanks for suggestion. I checked the log file , i am getting this exception "com.day.cq.wcm.core.impl.VersionManagerImpl Exception during version purging. javax.jcr.UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException: Unable to perform a versioning operation on a non versionable node: /content/dam/prime/memberportal/forms/2013/Global/Other/ALL/Specialty_Monthly_Quantities.pdf" .. 

Now the problem is some of the assets don't have the version. So its try to purge getting exception. How do i enable versiong for all assets or how can skip purging for without versioning assets. 

Please suggest.

Thanks

Level 6

HI ,

suggest , how to skip purging on non-versioning assets in cq5 . Then my problem will solve.

Thanks

Correct answer by
Level 10

Please file a daycare.  For now overlay [1] to implement skip. 

[1]   /libs/wcm/core/component/verionpurge/POST.jsp