Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Disable Layout for Certain Components

Level 4

Hi Adobe Experience Manager

Our sites use AEM 6.4 with Layout Container and the Layout authoring mode. It works well enough in most cases.

The doc used to configure Layouting is below...

Configuring Layout Container and Layout Mode

Is there some kind of component cq:editConfig (or something??) where layout could be configured at the component level?

AEM Components - The Basics

4 Replies

Level 4

Specifically, I want to disable component resize for certain components which look bad when squished using Layout. These are components with more complicated html and already have a  responsive design strategy. Ideally there could be a property in cq:editConfig such as cq:layout = nolayouting

Level 1

Hi @crisr1 

Did you find correct solution for this issue..? if so, please let me know. I have exact requirement.

Regards,

Santhosh

Level 4

Nope. Never figured out how to do that. One work around is to design templates using a combination of parsys and responsivegrid containers. The parsys policy would allow components that don't support Layout.

Level 4

At a template Level, you can remove the cq:responsive node from structure, e.g. /conf/<project>/settings/wcm/templates/basic-template-name/structure. This will disable all the layout option on the page.

At a component level, you can add a cq:editConfig node and add a property 

cq:actions="[EDIT,DELETE,INSERT,COPYMOVE]". If you remove edit - it removes the wrench/edit icon along with layout option.