Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

How to disable geolocation in publishing instance under AEM 6.3

Level 6

To disable the geolocation, I found this instruction, but it is two years ago, not sure if it applies to AEM 63. touch UI?

Rename /libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/geolocation to /libs/cq/personalization/components/contextstores/geolocation_new

Does anyone know?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did apply the old instruction specified for ClientContext, it works.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Administrator

In File:- /libs/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js

Contains the registation code :- ContextHub.UI.ModuleRenderer('contexthub.location', new LocationRenderer()); Comment it out. It would work.

I would recommend copy the node /libs/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js to /apps/granite/contexthub/components/modules/location/clientlib/renderer.location.js and then comment out the line.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 6

It doesn't work.

Is there any other way to do it?

Level 10

Did you try the instructions you specified. Many times - instructions only a few years old still apply.

Correct answer by
Level 6

I did apply the old instruction specified for ClientContext, it works.

Thanks.

Level 2

For contextHub, there is a new GUI present now to handle all the datastores and UI modules:

/etc/cloudsettings/default/contexthub.html

Disable the data store as well as its UI module here.

Level 3

BigT168​ can you provide a link that you've followed or steps so others can find a solution.