Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

How to deploy two codebase without overriding in AEM cloud?

Level 9

I have a repo A which has /apps/abc and I also have one more repo B which is having /apps/xyz. When I deploy a repo A code using cloud manager pipeline and it deploys the code /apps/abc and then when I deploy repo B, it removes /apps/abc and deploy only /apps/xyz. 

I checked the filter.xml and found that it does not have any mode so hence I added mode = merge but even after mode is merge it still overrides the others

Repo A
<filter root="/apps/abc" mode="merge" />

Repo B
<filter root="/apps/xyz" mode="merge" />

Note - I don't have this issue in my local AEM. I keep deploying these two repos and I don't see this issue at all. It is happening only in AEM cloud instances.
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mario248 

In case of Cloud, when code is deployed an AEM Image is created. It only contains mutable content (/content, /conf etc) from current AEM instance.

All code deployed in immutable areas like /apps are not carried over to the Image.

Thus, when you deploy /apps/xyz after deploying /apps/abc, the /apps/abc is not present in AEM Image.

In such cases, multiple repositories can be created for Project-ABC and Project-XYZ. But, these need to merge under a single parent project in cloud manager for deployment (kind-of multi tenant set-up).

It is similar to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/using-...

Aanchal Sikka

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 9

Like mentioned in the above doc, I already updated the filter.xml. In fact the location is completely different /apps/abc and /apps/xyz so there should be any conflict. I dont see this override issue in local aem server and it is happening only in AEM cloud.

Community Advisor

Cloud manager on AEMaaCS, does a clean deployment. that means the old instances/container is deleted and new instances is added and then deployment happens.

You have to install both the code base as part of single deployment.

https://www.initialyze.com/insights/handle-multiple-projects-with-cloud-manager 

Arun Patidar

Level 9

Thank you. I will try to merge both repo into single repo. Is there any adobe doc "old instances/container is deleted and new instances is added " ?

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hello @Mario248 

In case of Cloud, when code is deployed an AEM Image is created. It only contains mutable content (/content, /conf etc) from current AEM instance.

All code deployed in immutable areas like /apps are not carried over to the Image.

Thus, when you deploy /apps/xyz after deploying /apps/abc, the /apps/abc is not present in AEM Image.

In such cases, multiple repositories can be created for Project-ABC and Project-XYZ. But, these need to merge under a single parent project in cloud manager for deployment (kind-of multi tenant set-up).

It is similar to https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/using-...

Aanchal Sikka

Level 9

Thank you for your input. I will try to merge both repo into single repo