Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to define policy for nested container component

Level 2

I need to understand with editable templated how can we define the policy for a component that has a nested parsys and this component can be put on a page multiple times like If i have a component called testComponent it has a container in template using parsys:

<div data-sly-resource="${ 'blockParsys' @ resourceType='wcm/foundation/components/parsys'}" ></div> Then is component is put on a page multiple times. it will generate content structure like this:

• my-page
    • jcr:content
      • root
        • my-component ( resourceType: apps/myProject/components/testComponent)
        • my-component_xxxxxxxxx ( resourceType:apps/myProject/components/testComponent)

The policy could be set for the first component dragged but does not remain for the following components. Can someone please help me with a sample component that have a parsys with policy set and could be dragged on the page multiple times.

@ChitraMadan  @arunpatidar @BrianKasingli 

5 Replies

Community Advisor

you can define template include policy like

<testComponent jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
	<parsys
		cq:policy="myapp/core/components/content/testComponent/policy_parsys"
		jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured"
		sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/policies/mapping"/>
</testComponent>

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Hi @arunpatidar here parsys was included via HTL. Can you share and example component here if possible with nested parsys having policy defined?

Community Advisor

We are using a table component where we added parsys to include component in cell.

<table
                cq:policy="myapp/components/content/table/policy_myapp_table_all"
                sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/policies/mapping">
                <wcm jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
                    <foundation jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
                        <components jcr:primaryType="nt:unstructured">
                            <parsys
                                cq:policy="myapp/components/content/table/policy_myapp_table_cell_parsys_default"
                                sling:resourceType="wcm/core/components/policies/mapping"/>
                        </components>
                    </foundation>
                </wcm>
            </table>

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Hi @arunpatidar If you can share an example component with nested parsys and its policies in a package that would be really of great help.

Community Advisor

Hi johns56194565, The project is client specific so I can't share but you can try from your end

1. Create policy at /conf/myproj/settings/wcm/policies/.content.xml

2. refer this policy in the template at /conf/myproj/settings/wcm/templates/page-content/policies/.content.xml similar as I posted in the last example.

Arun Patidar