Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

how to create AEM communities custom template?

Level 2

I created the community site using the adobe doc Author a New Community Site . I even created the site template and my site looks like the below. I created sample header and footer components and draged and droped to home page but when I navigate to other pages, I can not see them. how do I add header and footer to community site template. whats the best way to create a home page for community site, adding header and footer.

the home page looks like this:- 

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 8.59.57 AM.png

and when I navigate to QnA the page looks like this.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 9.00.42 AM.png

thanks

6 Replies

Level 10

To learn how to create templates and pages based on templates for a site - see this article -- Adobe Experience Manager Help | Creating your First Adobe Experience Manager 6.3 website

Level 2

The normal templates are not visible in site template editor of communities consoles. how do I create a community site template so that I can select it from the drop down(attached screenshot) when I try to create a community site from communities console.

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.02.24 AM.png

the site templates for communities will be here right,

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 10.05.40 AM.png

thanks

raj

Employee

To create Community articles, you can refer to Site Templates article.

Level 2

I used that too.  Added Page function in the new template and created the site from it. same result. How can I add header footer components to community site templates.

thanks

raj

Level 4

HI rajesh

There is a parsys attached on all the templates you can easily drag and drop the components on your site.

Thanks

Sahil Garg

Level 2

I am also looking for a way to create new template for AEM Communities . I can see some built in bootstrap based designs when I create the community site and We -Retail design. How can I create another template like this ?