Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

How to copy paste a file during Dispatcher deployment

Level 4

We are trying to adopt Cloud Manager for our Build and deployment. We are at AEM 6.5.5. We need to push a specific file from Dispatcher code into certain location in Dispatcher using pom.xml in Dispatcher. The file is custom file and not part of regular conf.* folders... How can we achieve that?

I have created a folder in dispatcher called "script" and placed the file there. I can see it is getting bundled in the artifact zip file.

But what I also need is to copy-paste/replace this file to a dispatcher location "/opt/dispatcher/scripts".

We used to do that using copy command in Jenkins, but need to know how to do the same using maven.

My plan was to extract the dispatcher artifact zip and then copy-paste the script file into the location "/opt/dispatcher/scripts". I was referring these two articles for unzip and copy. https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/unpacking-artifacts.html https://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/examples/copying-artifacts.html Not sure if this is right approach..but I am getting error in unzip itself. I have attached the dispatcher pom.xml for your reference.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

I don't think the CM supports this use-case. It only deploys the standard conf.* folders. You can check with your CSE but I strongly believe we don't have any flexibility to execute these kind of use-cases. We also used to use Jenkins to copy the files from GIT to DISP servers using shell scripts in Jenkins but Cloud Manager don't offer this functionality yet.

Thanks,

Singaiah

Thank you Singaiah. We opened daycare and asked Adobe to get advise CM expert...This file we dont need to put in each deployment. It is used for custom Vanity redirect implementation. So one time manual placement is good for us. But not sure if our CSE can do in CM world.

Community Advisor
If it is one time thing, you can include as a part of CAB/eCAB. We have the similar thing that we need to host that does not change very often we have asked CSE to manually deploy those files.

Employee Advisor

Do I understand you correctly, that you want to deploy static elements directly into the dispatcher cache?

As far as I understood the mechanics of the CM setup, this is not possible; and a probably much easier way to handle it would be to deploy the files statically into dispatcher, so they are fetched once. And then make the cachable forever by setting the stat file accordingly.

Level 4
HI, I am trying to place a file in that particular location during deployment of dispatcher. I dont need it to put in Dispatcher cache location which is /mnt/var/www/...

Employee Advisor
Then I don't understand why you want to place a file into this specific location. Who is using this file? What is it for?

Level 4
We use custom Vanity redirect solution back from 6.3 days ...IN our Authoring structure the OOB Vanity redirect did not work and we stayed on custom Vanity redirect...This file is used to manage all vanity redirection..It is a .sh file.