Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

how to convert static template to editable template.

Level 2

how to convert the static template to an editable template. all my templates it will be build on jsp. please is there any way to convert? I know aem modulation tools it will convert only pages and components etc.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gmahendra I don't think we have any tools to convert templates, first you need to convert the templates & components to editable templates structure manually and then you can use tools to migrate content pages with editable templates. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

Hi @gmahendra , 

As per the documentation of here we should be able to convert the Static Template Pages to Editable Templates https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-gems-events/gems/gems2019/introducing-the...

Level 2

hi Shashi 

These aem modernize-tools will convert the pages into classic pages to touch pages by using an Editable template(manually created ). but it won’t convert Static Template to an editable Template.

1. After converting the page. open the page properties will show only editable template page properties.

2. it won’t convert the existing classic template page properties.

i want to convert hole template 

ex: body.jsp, fotter.jsp like that 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@gmahendra I don't think we have any tools to convert templates, first you need to convert the templates & components to editable templates structure manually and then you can use tools to migrate content pages with editable templates.