Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to construct URL to new Social Communities moderation panel with path filter applied?

Level 1

Hi All,

there is a new Social Communities, which allows to moderate user generated content. I'm looking for a way of getting direct link to particular comment or link to SoCo with path filter applied. Is there a possibility to do that?

In the old interface there was something like that:

http://localhost:4502/socoadmin#/content/usergenerated/content/geometrixx-media/en/events/warp-11-to...

In the new one, however, it doesn't work. Any suggestions?

http://localhost:4502/communities.html#/content/usergenerated/content/geometrixx-media/en/events/war...

It may be useful for authors to send such link to each other

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Michal,

Great to know that worked for you! Applying other filters (other than the path filter) via the URL to the console is not currently supported. Regarding your suggestions (that and otherwise) - probably the most straightforward approach to requesting features and improvements is to go through either AEM SoCo's Product Manager here at Adobe or possibly your sales channel/rep - accepted features/improvements will either end up on the AEM/SoCo feature roadmap and/or need to be requested for a special AEM Feature Pack. I will loop in SoCo's Product Manager to this thread to comment on that process.

Also, you are in the right place to ask support questions in the future.

WRT your specific question - "what is the best practice to extend moderation panel with some extra metadata from additional field in comments"

As far as I know (I will let you know if I find out otherwise) - AEM does not officially support extending the administration consoles (such as community moderation) because of the potential of future installations of official AEM upgrades to the platform stomping on or making your extensions unusable.

As such, there is a way to do what you wish - it will require some amount of coding of course. I will put together some instructions and reply to you here by end of the day Monday on how to accomplish displaying additional JCR node properties on comments within the community moderation card items.

Hope that helps! Talk to you soon.

Thanks,

Ryan Wilkes

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 7

Hi Michal,

I relayed your questions to the SoCo team and should have an answer for you soon. If anyone else knows in the meantime please feel free to reply.

-Laurel

Level 2

Hi Michal,

Apologies for the delayed response. 

What you tried is almost right – no need to use the # in the path to get the desired filter applied on page load.

So, for your example, try this instead:

http://localhost:4502/communities.html/content/usergenerated/content/geometrixx-media/en/events/warp...

Here is a different example:

http://localhost:4502/communities.html/content/usergenerated/content/geometrixx-outdoors/en/communit...

Hope that helps!

Sincerely,

Ryan Wilkes

Level 1

Thanks Ryan!

it works fine. Could you also provide me with some examples of how to apply other filters?

For example how to show only pending comments? and btw. I'm working with SoCo right now and I found couple of bugs or I do have some questions/suggestions. 
(For example what is the best practice to extend moderation panel with some extra metadata from additional field in comments?)

What is the best way to pass it to you, guys? I do have a daycare access but it seems an overhead to me.

Best Regards,

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi Michal,

Great to know that worked for you! Applying other filters (other than the path filter) via the URL to the console is not currently supported. Regarding your suggestions (that and otherwise) - probably the most straightforward approach to requesting features and improvements is to go through either AEM SoCo's Product Manager here at Adobe or possibly your sales channel/rep - accepted features/improvements will either end up on the AEM/SoCo feature roadmap and/or need to be requested for a special AEM Feature Pack. I will loop in SoCo's Product Manager to this thread to comment on that process.

Also, you are in the right place to ask support questions in the future.

WRT your specific question - "what is the best practice to extend moderation panel with some extra metadata from additional field in comments"

As far as I know (I will let you know if I find out otherwise) - AEM does not officially support extending the administration consoles (such as community moderation) because of the potential of future installations of official AEM upgrades to the platform stomping on or making your extensions unusable.

As such, there is a way to do what you wish - it will require some amount of coding of course. I will put together some instructions and reply to you here by end of the day Monday on how to accomplish displaying additional JCR node properties on comments within the community moderation card items.

Hope that helps! Talk to you soon.

Thanks,

Ryan Wilkes

Employee

Hi Michal

I am the Product Manager for Social Communities and would be more than happy to hear any of your product recommendations.  I'll message you directly to get the conversation started.

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Michal,

I have a prototype working solution for you to try in order to get some of your extra metadata onto the community moderation cards. Give me a little more time to clean it up and put it into a zip package to send to you via this forum (hopefully that works - i have not tried to send anything as an attachment in these forums before). You should hear back from me with something to try by mid-day tomorrow.

Thank you for your patience,

Ryan Wilkes

Level 1

Hi Ryan,

Great! I'm looking forward to it.

Best Regards,

Level 2

Hi Michal.

Just to be clear - these instructions are an example of how to accomplish what you requested and come "as is" - they are not part of the CQ/AEM Product nor do they come with any warranty or inherent support - i.e. you assume all responsibility for making these changes. For officially supported requests of this nature in the future (especially if you and your company already have a support contract), I recommend you submit an AEM Daycare support request at http://helpx.adobe.com/marketing-cloud/experience-manager.html (look for the "Create a support ticket" link) or perhaps more to the point, contact Scott Date (Product Manager for SoCo) directly.

Here are the customization instructions - you will need to use the AEM CRXDe-Lite interface (e.g. http://localhost:4502/crx/de/index.jsp) as an 'admin' role to proceed.

In general, the files referred to below will have to be customized by you in steps 2-4 to conform to whatever custom properties you wish to expose in step 1.

1. Using the CRXDe-Lite interface - copy the following files and folder paths exactly how they are under /libs but the new copies will reside under /apps. This will entail first creating the folder paths (using the interface tool's "Create" -> "Create Folder" feature) and then copying the individual files themselves over to the new locations.

Copy /libs/social/core/components/communities/clientlibs/communities/source/ugccollection.js
To   /apps/social/core/components/communities/clientlibs/communities/source/ugccollection.js

Copy /libs/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/carditem/carditem.jsp
To   /apps/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/carditem/carditem.jsp

Copy /libs/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/listitem/listitem.jsp
To   /apps/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/listitem/listitem.jsp

2. Navigate to line 53 in /apps/social/core/components/communities/clientlibs/communities/source/ugccollection.js and find the 'data' object: This must be modified to contain a new attribute called 'prop' whose value is an array of strings that are the name(s) of the custom properties you wish to request from the server for your customized comments.

E.g. - it should look something like this after your modifications:

var data = { start: this.length, limit: this.limit, dir: "desc", // NOTE: M. Chudy - Special custom node property names go into this array prop: ["fooProp","barProp"] };

3. Navigate to and modify the contents within the script template starting around line 33 in /apps/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/carditem/carditem.jsp to contain template references for whichever custom properties you included in the changes in step 2.

E.g.

<script type="text/x-handlebars-template" id="single-card-template"> {{#if this}} <article class="card-collection card-page foundation-collection-item cq-gui-admin-open quickaction" style="width:14rem;margin-left: 5px;margin-bottom: 10px;" data-path="{{this.path}}"> <!-- SNIP --> {{this.fooProp}} - {{this.barProp}} <!-- SNIP --> </article> {{/if}} </script>

4. (This step only required if you wish to display custom properties in the 'list view' as well as the 'card view') Navigate to and modify the contents within the script template starting around line 51 in /apps/social/core/components/communities/ugccontent/listitem/listitem.jsp to contain template references for whichever custom properties you included in the changes in step 2.

E.g.

<script type="text/x-handlebars-template" id="single-content-list-template">

<article class="card-page card-collection foundation-collection-item cq-gui-admin-open"
             data-path="{{this.path}}">    
        <!-- SNIP -->
            {{this.fooProp}} - {{this.barProp}}
        <!-- SNIP -->
    </article>
</script>

That's all! Hope that works for your needs. Best of luck!

-Ryan Wilkes