Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to configure single AEM author instance wit multiple repositories (Data stores)?

Level 1

I have one situation of having one single AEM 5.6.1 author instance(author1) with 300GB of DAM repository on one drive (called as app_2, This drive Max .capacity is 500GB) and i have other repository with 160 GB of DAM repository on another drive(called as app_3). I want to configure author1 instance running with these two repositories (app_2 and app_3).

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

AEM does not support to run with multiple repositories. Setting up a cluster also doesn't help, because the clusters would start to sync; and because of the roles "master" and "slave" the content initially hold by the slave will be removed/overwritten (if it's working at all ...).

So the only chance I see is to startup an AEM instance on both repositories and then move the data from one instance to the other, so that you end up with a single repository holding all the data.

Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 9

Hi Sai,

Clustering of repository is the only option available in your case. configure the clustering of your repositories and connect AEM with the master node. you should be okay. Else i don't think you can have multiple repositories configured for one author instance.

Hope this helps.

saiprasad moparthi wrote...

I have one situation of having one single AEM 5.6.1 author instance(author1) with 300GB of DAM repository on one drive (called as app_2, This drive Max .capacity is 500GB) and i have other repository with 160 GB of DAM repository on another drive(called as app_3). I want to configure author1 instance running with these two repositories (app_2 and app_3).

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

AEM does not support to run with multiple repositories. Setting up a cluster also doesn't help, because the clusters would start to sync; and because of the roles "master" and "slave" the content initially hold by the slave will be removed/overwritten (if it's working at all ...).

So the only chance I see is to startup an AEM instance on both repositories and then move the data from one instance to the other, so that you end up with a single repository holding all the data.

Jörg

Employee

Hi,

so what is it you want to do? Is it consolidate the DAM content from two repositories into a single repository? If it is, then Jörg's solution is the only option you have.

What about all the content and apps? Are these two instances really the same that you can get rid of a whole instance and run everything from a single instance?

Regards,

Opkar

Level 9

Hi Jorg,

@saiprasad has mentioned that He is using CQ5.6.1 and i believe clustering can be done on CQ5.6.1. However I would agree that AEM with new Apache oak repository, clustering is no longer an option.

Jörg Hoh wrote...

Hi,

Jörg

Employee Advisor

@Jitendra:

I was referrring to the fact, that you cannot cluster to individual instances together and expect, that the content is mergend then automatically.

Jörg