Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to check permission of current user for a tree folder or tree node?

Level 4

Hi friends,

I was design a page as below.

registration-form.png

In this design have a Country field. I want the country list will be display only countries that the current AEM user have permission to access. I will create a tree folder or tree node for country and city. So, I will configuration for the user or user group can access to special country or city. The all country list and all city list call from the service API.

How to check the permission of the current AEM user from Signthly or JavaScript? Because, I want to check the permission of the current user with the country folder or note in AEM. After that, I will compare the country code in AEM with the country code from the service API to filter it to display in the country select list.

Please help me,

How to check the permission of the current AEM user from Signthly or JavaScript?

Thank you so much,

BienHV

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

You can't don't it with Sightly alone.

You need to go for Java or Javascript.

Where you can read users permission against tree and push node that have read permission in list using JAVA and read those list in Sightly.

You can check

Privilege (Content Repository for Java Technology API Version 2.0)

https://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/security/permission.html

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 4

Thank you for your help,

Could you help me how to get permission with JavaScript with Sightly? I know JavaScript and Sightly, I can use it.

Thanks & Best regards,

BienHV

Employee Advisor

You need data from the repository and I don't think that you can do that with HTL alone; you need to have a server-side model.

Jörg

Level 4

Yes,

I need a server side with JavaScript or Java for sightly. However, I don't know how to get permission of the node from Java or JavaScript.

Could you help me how to do that?

Thank you so much!

Employee Advisor

You don't need to check permissions with the API, because every node and resource is already checked.

regards,

Jörg

Employee Advisor

I guess the best way is to create a small Sling model class to format the data in the way you want it. And regarding the permissions: You don't have to do anything. If you are working in a request, all Sling and JCR methods will only return resources and nodes for which the current user has read access to. The filtering and permission checks are done implicitly.

regards,

Jörg