Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to Block Replication Agent Queue and Resume Publishing after certain period

Community Advisor

Hi All,

I want to block the Replication Agent Queue for an hour and during this time i want all the publish request-to get queued and after an hour i want to reopen/resume the queue from publishing to publisher. Any suggestion how this can be done.If i disable the agent its bringing the queue also down.I want the queue to be up and in block and hold all the request in the queue for an hour.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Community Advisor

Hi @lukasz-m  Problem is we restart the author server at the end of the hour(deployment done) then we want to deploy the code/content in publisher then enable the queue.But in my case when i restart author pause will get reset. I dont think i have a direct solution for this problem one more dirty fix is change the transport uri or user name so that connection fails in queue and content get accumulated in queue.

Level 4

@RajaShankar ,

If you want to trigger the agent after a certain time in that case if you can use the ootb property OnTime. So if you set this on any asset or payload it will be in queue untill the specified time reaches and publishes it afterwards.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Mahesh