Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add the same functionality of design dialog in a normal dialog?

Level 1

I have functionality like if I drag a component in parent page and edit it's dialog properties and after that I drag same component in child page, then changes must be reflected in child page. How to achieve that functionality?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

A component dialog typically lets you set props of a component located on that page.

If you drag 2 instances of the same component - you would still need to set the component props via the dialog.

ie:

1 - Parent Page with ComponentX - dialog sets props for this instance of componentx

2 - Child Page with ComponentX - dialog sets props for this instance of componentx

That is typically how AEM and components work.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

A component dialog typically lets you set props of a component located on that page.

If you drag 2 instances of the same component - you would still need to set the component props via the dialog.

ie:

1 - Parent Page with ComponentX - dialog sets props for this instance of componentx

2 - Child Page with ComponentX - dialog sets props for this instance of componentx

That is typically how AEM and components work.

Level 10

Hi,

I think that is not possible in your use case.

Typically if you drag and drop any component in any page whether it is parent or child page, you have to edit dialog properties for the particular component.

As Scott said, this is how AEM Component works!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.