Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add custom fields in Content Fragment properties?

Level 4

Hi,

As the title says, I want to add some text fields in the content fragment properties. These properties are kind of Meta Data that we have in our pages also.

So, can someone please suggest as how can achieve this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @sesmic 

For this you need to override /libs/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/contentfragment/items/tabs/items/tab1/items/col1/items under /apps and add your customization there.

I tried to do this on my local and was able to achieve this. I have added custom field in the properties of the content fragment as shown below

Gaurav_Sachdeva__0-1698877352263.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 4

Hi @sesmic 

For this you need to override /libs/dam/content/schemaeditors/forms/contentfragment/items/tabs/items/tab1/items/col1/items under /apps and add your customization there.

I tried to do this on my local and was able to achieve this. I have added custom field in the properties of the content fragment as shown below

Gaurav_Sachdeva__0-1698877352263.png

Hope this helps!

Thanks

Level 4

Hi @Gaurav_Sachdeva,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please share the screenshot of node structure or xml? I override the path you shared but customizations not reflecting. I might be doing something wrong.

Thanks again!

Community Advisor

If you need to modify a content fragment model in Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), you can easily achieve this using the Content Fragment Editor. Here's a step-by-step guide to help you get started:

1. Access the Content Fragment Model:

• Navigate to the Content Fragments console.
    • Locate the specific content fragment model you want to modify.
  2. Edit the Content Fragment Model:

• Open the content fragment model you wish to edit.
    • Within the model editor, you can make changes to the structure and elements of the model.
  3. Save Your Changes:

• After making the necessary modifications, don't forget to save your changes.
  4. Publish the Content Fragment Model:

• If you've made significant changes to the content fragment model, consider publishing it to ensure that the updated model is available for use.
  5. Test and Verify:

• Finally, test the content fragment model in your AEM projects to confirm that the modifications work as intended.

For more in-depth guidance and a visual walkthrough of the process, I recommend checking out the following video course: Content Fragment Model Modification Tutorial

This video course, spanning lessons #1 to #5, should provide you with detailed insights and practical examples on how to effectively modify content fragment models in AEM. I hope you find it helpful for your specific needs.