Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How to add custom Favicon to my site?

Level 4

Hi!

I'm beginner and I want add custom favicons, like below (WKND), to my site such that it appears on each page. Tried looking for this, but couldn't find solution. Thus can someone please help me to achieve this. I'm using AEMaaCs.

Thanks!

If posted this in wrong section, please direct me to correct one.

sesmic_0-1659865081702.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sesmic head.html under page component - Add this HTML snippet between the <head> ... </head> tags of the page. 

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @sesmic ,

Please use the below path and it will load the favicon.

<link rel="icon" href="/etc.clientlibs/mysite/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/favicon.ico"/>

/apps will be used as proxy with /etc.clientlibs and rest of path remains same.

Similar thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/after-sp7-favicon-not-show...

Regards,

Santosh

Level 4

Thanks for the reply!

I've seen that post but couldn't get it. I want browser's tab to show custom favicon for my site & its child pages.
Regarding this, I read somewhere that we need to add " <link rel="shortcut icon" href="resource path" />" in site's head.html. But don't know where this is. 

Community Advisor

@sesmic Updated my comment above, 

Please use the below path and it will load the favicon.

<link rel="icon" href="/etc.clientlibs/mysite/clientlibs/clientlib-site/resources/favicon.ico"/>

Level 4

Thanks! But where should I use this path? like in header.html, clientlibs, components htmls etc.
Sorry, I'm newbie don't know much.

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@sesmic head.html under page component - Add this HTML snippet between the <head> ... </head> tags of the page. 

Level 4

@SantoshSai 

Thanks it worked!
There wasn't head.html under page component then I added it. But after adding head.html my page wasn't loading. So, I removed head.html & added the snippet with <head>...<head/> in customheaderlibs.html, which worked. Is this correct, please tell?

Community Advisor

That should be OK, but recommendation is to segregate such html's and include in main/page html. 

Level 4

Sorry for replying with another question. but you mean I should use data-sly-include="head.html" in main/page.html?