Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How much is too much in case of dialog fields/tabs

Level 5

In our application, the requirements have been shaping up in an incremental way, each time a requirement comes up its about adding few more fields to dialog of one big navigation component OR to page properties of parent page.

We are at 9 tabs, each having 8-10 fields in them.

I just wanted to get an idea if there are any guidelines / experiences anybody might have had in this aspect?

Best Regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is nothing specific or limitations as such. As you have rightly mentioned, make it as multiple tabs rather having all the field in the same tab.

It all depends on your component design. You can take an approach in multiple ways but my thought process would be based on below questions

1. Does all the fields required are generic ? If so, I can add to the same component

2. If not, I would create a parent component which holds all the generic fields. Then create different components based on the specific requirement by inheriting the parent component using resourceSuperType.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

There is nothing specific or limitations as such. As you have rightly mentioned, make it as multiple tabs rather having all the field in the same tab.

It all depends on your component design. You can take an approach in multiple ways but my thought process would be based on below questions

1. Does all the fields required are generic ? If so, I can add to the same component

2. If not, I would create a parent component which holds all the generic fields. Then create different components based on the specific requirement by inheriting the parent component using resourceSuperType.